Don’t you just hate the terrible white cast most physical sunscreens leave in your face? Well, I have some good news for you! I’m sure you will be glad to know that there are now a lot of non-whitening, tinted substitutes. These products are also ideal if you are looking for a bit more coverage, to perhaps even replace your usual foundation, BB or CC cream or tinted moisturizer.
The get ready to meet your new best friend: tinted sunscreens! Tinted sunscreen gives a light veil of camouflage to help you hide imperfections and give your skin a glow and at the same time protect you against the sun? Isn’t this just a double win?
I’ve rounded up below five of the best-tinted sunscreen you can find the market today. Shall we explore our options? Please keep on reading below.
Best Tinted Sunscreen
BADGER Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30
This is BADGER’s tinted version to the amazing unscented sunscreen that is just great for all-around sun protection. Well, this SPF 30 sunscreen delivers broad-spectrum by using zinc oxide (18.75%) as its active ingredient.
I’m sure you will also be impressed by how skin-loving the formula of this product is; it is actually 98% certified organic, so you will feel good after applying this product on. The sunscreen’s finish that comes with general tint will easily blend in different skin tones too. It also has been rated to be 40-minute water resistance to give extra protection whenever you are excessively sweating during a hot day.
However, you should know that this tinted sunscreen can potentially stain any clothing it comes into contact. This is natural for most physical sunscreens though I don’t think this is something that should be so much of your concern, just be extra careful every time you are wearing your favorite white shorts while relaxing at the beach.
Also, it can be a little bit greasy, so I don’t recommend this product to be worn under makeup.
- It features water resistance of 40 minutes
- It comes with a beautiful tint
- It is reasonably priced
- Not ideal to be used on your face
Juice Beauty Tinted Mineral Moisturizer SPF 30
When it comes to your face, this SPF 30 sunscreen stands out, it is just the best. It delivers broad-spectrum protection by using zinc oxide (20%) as an active ingredient. But the best of all, it is available in three shades: Tan, Sand, and Ivory. Well, there is nothing wrong using generally tinted sunscreen; however, if you want to use the product on your face, the differences between the tint of the sunscreen and your skin tone can be a little bit more visible.
Juice Beauty provided swatches and reference so you can choose the best match for your skin tone. For instance, Ivory works great for those with light skin tones like Julia Robers while Sand will suit best those with golden skin tones like Cameron Diaz. Tan, on the other hand, will look great on medium skin tones as well as olive skin tones like Kim Kardashian. Make sure you will choose the level of tint that closely matches your skin tone.
This tinted sunscreen is a great choice you can wear by itself or under your make up. It will go on smoothly and will moisturize your skin without making it oily enough to melt your makeup. Moreover, I was impressed by how you can get a significant amount of coverage by just using a small amount of the product.
- It is a moisturizer that is non-greasy
- It is available in a number of shades
- It is more expensive compared to similar products
Cotz Flawless Complexion Sunscreen SPF 50
Here’s another excellent tinted sunscreen which is very similar to our first product, the only difference is that this has a bit more complicated formula and cost a little bit more.
Anyway, this subtly tinted sunscreen is highly recommended for those with oily skin. It does a remarkable job when it comes to blending with different skin tones. And since it has a non-greasy finish, it will be very easy to apply under your make up.
You will barely get to touch oil, just like a moisturizer and what’s, even more, is that its much dryer finish is combined with non-comedogenic formula; this only means that it will not clog the pores or make your product excessive oil.
- This is a non-comedogenic sun protection product
- It can be used on your face without making you feel greasy
- It is not water resistant
MDSolarSciences Mineral Tinted Crème SPF 30
This amazing product from MDSolarSciences is highly recommended for anyone with sensitive skin. This tinted sunscreen with SPF 30 coverage delivers broad-spectrum by combining two active ingredients: titanium dioxide (2%) and zinc oxide (17%).
It has also been rated as 80-minute water resistant, a major advantage if you are trying to look fabulous while relaxing at the beach. It is very easy to apply and comes with bendable tinted coverage that is gentle enough even to the most sensitive skin type. It has actually been formulated to help anyone with sensitive skin and is suffering from rosacea and acne. This way, you can be confident that you will get the coverage you want to achieve without taking the risk of clogging your pores or irritating your skin.
Though this is the most expensive product in this list, I must say it is all worth it if you will examine its formula and read on hundreds of positive customer feedback.
- It comes with a non-greasy finish
- It is non-comedogenic
- It is more expensive compared to similar products
Rubber Ducky Naturally Tinted Face Sunscreen SPF 50
Last but not the least is this naturally tinted sunscreen from Rubber Ducky. It comes with SPF 50, so if you are someone fair or is photosensitive then I’m sure you will love the extra protection this sunscreen offers.
Anyway, this product offers broad-spectrum protection that is of high-quality by combining both titanium dioxide (7%) and zinc oxide (8.5%). The sunscreen is water resistant too, so it is an excellent choice for general use during the days you will be spending so much time splashing or sweating.
However, if you have an oily type of skin, I suggest you only use this for your body as it comes with a greasy finish. Also, if you are particularly fair, the natural tint of this sunscreen may be a bit too dark for you; though a lot of users with fair skin said that the color showed up on their skin the way they want it to be while those with darker skin tones appreciate its lack of white cast, thanks to its stronger tint.
- It features a reliable tint
- It comes at an affordable price
- It will leave your skin a little greasy
What Is A Tinted Sunscreen And How Can It Protect You?
Tinted sunscreen is a sun protection product which combines a color-base with UV protection. It can serve as a complexion enhancer which can give your skin a healthy looking glow and at the same time protect you from the harmful rays of the sun.
Isn’t this a perfect product to cut back on your time to get ready? Well, just like every sunscreen, you need to apply the product generously and reapply it every two hours or after swimming or heavy sweating.
Why Is Tinted Sunscreen Considered To Be Your Skin’s New Best Friend?
I hope by now, you have already fully understood the importance of wearing sunscreen each and every day. But today let me share with you why you should use tinted sunscreen as it offers a lot of skin benefits that you will never want to leave it out of your beauty regimen.
1. It keeps you protected. Let’s begin with the most important reason why you should be wearing a tinted sunscreen. Obviously, this product will provide you with a high-quality protection against sun damage. An excellent tinted sunscreen, like the ones I’ve mentioned above, will guard your skin from the harmful and destructive effects of both UVA and UVB rays.
Since the products above feature high SPF rating, we can be sure that it can deliver long-lasting protection. But aren’t these benefits just the same with our regular sunscreen? Well, keep on reading.
2. It can multi-task. This is the biggest benefit a tinted sunscreen can give. This product will not only replace your sunscreen application step for your beauty routine, but it can also be used as a replacement for your moisturizer and even with your foundation.
This is because tinted sunscreen’s texture, as well as properties, are not only capable of protecting you against the sun but it can also be nourishing to the skin and can even add a hint of color. It’s now three-in-one!
3. It conceals. A tinted sunscreen does not only contain a hint of color, the best ones offer a coverage similar to a light foundation. In fact, you can wear them alone on days when you don’t feel wearing foundation. For those who have just started using the foundation and are not yet confident enough with their application, a tinted sunscreen can also be the best solution since they are very easy to apply. You can just simply smooth and blend it over your face just like what you do with sunscreen. Easy, isn’t it?
4. It will make you look glowing. Most tinted sunscreen contains a hint of shine that can significantly improve your complexion. It gives a subtle sheen that enhances the appearance of your skin.
5. You can use it everywhere. Take note that the use of tinted sunscreen is not limited to the face. If you accidentally your favorite zinc oxide sunscreen at home, a tinted sunscreen will be the perfect substitute. You can slather this onto your body, arms and legs and be confident enough that you are well protected against the sun and at the same time give your skin an overall glow.
How To Choose Tinted Sunscreen
To make sure that you get not just the best product, but likewise an effective one, you need to consider some key features. For instance, you need to decide which finish you need to go for, is it matte or transparent?
Well, if you have plans of using it on your face, I suggest you will look for a sunscreen that comes with a matte finish or transparent one if possible. When I say “transparent”, this doesn’t mean “clear”; what I’m just saying is that it should not be so white.
The sunscreen should also be not too shiny or greasy. Those sunscreens with greasy finish often feel very heavy on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin type. It can also clog your pores or even cause breakouts, especially if you have acne-prone skin. And since your face is now a grease ball, it will be impossible to apply makeup effectively.
The ideal tinted sunscreen should be comfortably thin, comes with a formula that is easy to spread and will not leave you excessively shiny. It should also not leave any streaks of tint or becomes too pale.
Tinted sunscreens are just one of the best beauty products, don’t you just love two-in-one products? I must say this is an absolute must for every travel, whether it is just a short weekend trip or a long vacation overseas.
Anyway, I hope this article helps you find out which tinted sunscreen will keep your skin looking flawless and smooth and help you put your best face forward while protecting it from the sun! if you still have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to leave it in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends too!